Our United States marketplace service (rakuten.com/shop) closed on September 15, 2020. None of Rakuten’s other operations, including its Cash Back business at Rakuten.com, is affected by this closure.
We are committed to ensuring a seamless transition for merchants as the marketplace ceases operations, and have compiled the following information to address the most commonly asked questions.
Is the entire marketplace closing down or are only certain merchants affected?
The marketplace stopped accepting orders for all merchants on September 15, 2020.
Are there other ways to continue our partnership with the Rakuten family of companies?
Yes, additional information about these opportunities will be available soon. Please refer back to this page for updates. In the meantime, you can learn more about our services in the United States at https://global.rakuten.com/corp/about/company/americas.html
Who do I contact for help with my account?
You may contact us at the following email addresses:
Are all sales final?
No. Customers will be able to contact you about their items and orders .
How will refunds work?
- With the exception of FTP, you can process refunds per usual until December 15, 2020.
- UI and Open API refunds can be processed normally through December 15, 2020. After December 15, you must contact Merchant Support at email@example.com.
MERCHANT PORTAL & SUPPORT
Is the Merchant Portal accessible? Can I still run reports?
Yes. You can access the merchant portal and its reporting capabilities until December 15, 2020.
After December 15, 2020, you will need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to issue refunds, generate reports, or for any other reason.
How can I communicate with customers?
You may continue to contact customers via existing methods until December 15, 2020.
How should I respond to questions from shoppers about the closure of Rakuten’s U.S. marketplace?
Please forward any questions to our Customer Support Team at email@example.com
PAYOUTS, FEES & TAXES
Will there be a monthly fee for September 2020?
No. Monthly fees are waived for September.
When are payouts processed?
- Your last payout before the marketplace closure will be September 8, 2020.
- To ensure that refunds can be processed and shoppers have a positive experience, your final payout will be held for 45 days after September 15, 2020.
How are taxes being handled?
We will continue to remit sales tax for all orders that we collect and for which Rakuten’s U.S. marketplace has economic nexus.
For any other tax-related questions, please contact us:
FTP Key Dates
September 15, 2020
- New SKU folder access ended
- Inventory folder access ended
September 25, 2020
- Order folder access ended
- Cancellations folder access ended
- Fulfillment (Shipment Confirmation) folder access ended
October 29, 2020
- Refunds folder access ends
October 30, 2020
- Payment folder access ends
OPEN API & MERCHANT PORTAL/UI KEY DATES:
Open API: Refunds available until December 15, 2020
Merchant Portal/UI: Refunds and Payment Report available until December 15, 2020